Surprise!

Dada, with an accusatory tone (this morning), “You knew?!”

“Yes, but only after you”, I retorted.

Indeed, I only knew after my return from Sentosa where I had dined at Joël Robuchon Restaurant earlier. But why was I not surprised?

I should have seen it coming…

The very mention of how lonely Bam was and needed a sibling. The enthusiastic conversation with some friends about eating habits, allergies and behaviour of the different breeds that went on till 4am. The extra long visit to a pet shop for dog treats…

Children! When they speak, one should listen to what’s not spoken.

What was I looking at?

What was I looking at?

Have I traveled back in time? This is baby Bam, no? No, this is Butter! Must be the wine I had. I'm having hallucinations.

Have I traveled back in time?
This is baby Bam, no?
No, this is Butter!
Must be the wine I had.
I’m having hallucinations.

Meet Bam (born 2009).

Meet Butter (born 2013).

Bam under sheets.

Bam under sheets.

Salt & Pepper = Schnauzer. Ours was more peppery than salty and hence its name. Pepper was born in 1998 and became part of our family when he was 2 months old. Dada gave him to a lady who knew how to take care of him when he needed specialised care about a year ago.

Meet Pepper.

Pepper.

Pepper.

Val and Bam

Val and Bam

Van and Bam

Van and Bam

Click on the pictures below for full view and some commentary:

The wall stickers said "Bam's Home". Looks like he has a sister to share his space now.

The wall stickers said “Bam’s Home”.
Looks like he has a sister to share his space now.

Morning coffee near Victoria Market, Melbourne.

Morning coffee near Victoria Market, Melbourne.

My two pseudo grandchildren.

My two pseudo grandchildren.

Happy Sunday 😀

Comments
15 Responses to “Surprise!”
  1. wingedprisms says:

Congratulations….

2. Rörschåch says:

Wonderful surprise. Love your new puppy. Congratulations.

Thanks Janet. This puppy is very active. Butter, her name, follows you everywhere. She’s a very confident pup and isn’t afraid (shy) of anyone.

The children went for dinner earlier and she cried. She’s so much like a real baby. 😀

3. Laura Lynn says:

Aw, she looks like a real sweety! Love the name too! How fun to have a puppy in the house again! Now comes the fun part…training.

4. Jessica says:

They are so cute!!! Love them! You are making me want to get a puppy… Uh oh.

Think twice, Jessica. Now I have to be extra careful when opening and closing doors, she sneaks up behind in such fast pace and gets caught in between. She cries the whole day when the children go to work. Arrrggggh! 😀 😉

5. the little girl in the blue dress crouching beside the cage looks like you 20 years ago 😉

6. Lignum Draco says: