Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!

Haze is still ongoing and even surpassed psi reading of 400 the last two days. While everyone affected is frustrated, Singaporeans will be Singaporeans. We can be a funny lot even when facing calamity. Let’s take a look at what’s happening “outside” the haze.

If you understand Singlish, you might find this conversation between two heartlanders funny:
A: Later I want to go eat chap chye png (mixed rice usually sold in market stalls and food courts). Then what to eat for my dessert leh?
B: Haagen Dazs.
A: Market got sell meh?
B: Have! Open your your mouth have already! Haze 跟 (with) Dust mah!
(leh, meh and mah are colloquial additions incorporated to punctuate sentences in Singlish).

When N95 went out of stock islandwide... not endorsed by 3M.

When N95 masks went out of stock islandwide… Improvise!
This mask is not endorsed by 3M 😉

The iconic Merlion of Singapore.

The iconic Merlion of Singapore.

We need help! SOS!

Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe…

The boogie man or the boogle man?

Pi Sai is Hokkien word for booger or snot. The literal translation where Pi is nose and Sai is shit (not meant to be offensive but is a local valid term to use when speaking in that dialect).

Haze update:

For example, Dr Velasco said their readings found that at the peak of the haze on Friday evening, there were some 15 times as many pollutants in the air compared to just a fortnight ago.

Cars and industry, which have always been major contributors of pollutants, are now contributing less than 10 per cent to pollution.

“At least for now, wildfires are the main contributor of pollution,” he said.

Asked for a health tip before parting ways – the scientists were testing different forms of public transport – they stressed the importance of wearing N95 masks correctly. – read more here

Comments
7 Responses to “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!”
  1. Jessica says:

Ugh. It’s terrible that the haze and smog is so bad… It was always bad in Hong Kong, too… The picture of the person with the mask all the way over their head is funny, though. 😛

Lol… Jessica, that’s a plastic bag over his head cos we ran out of face masks. A funnier one I saw was my security guard. He wore the face mask all the way to his forehead and cut out two holes for his eyes, hahaha…

• Jessica says:

Oh my! People in the States would just laugh and laugh. I remember thinking it was the funniest thing ever to see people wearing masks around Taiwan when they were sick. No one does that here. But it’s a good idea!

2. Janet Rörschåch says:

Please don’t breathe that stuff in. Stay healthy. How long will the haze last?

Hi Janet, the haze condition has been better since last night and today the sun is finally breaking through the clouds and shining quite brightly. But the residual pollutants… I hope the rain comes and clean up this mess! 😀 Thanks again for your kind concern. Deeply appreciated! Stay well yourself and I will be looking out for your lovely and nutritious posts.

3. LoL, funny dangerous things……..
    we had similiar problem everymorning lately in Palembang

Oh, do take care Dedy, especially for Matthew. He is so cute! I heard Malaysia is suffering quite badly too. I hope the governments put their heads together and find a solution. 😀