Thank you Ms N from http://nerdyscribeblog.wordpress.com/for tagging and making me an It! 😉
The rules (A-F) are:
A) Post a picture of the award on your blog.
B) Tagback the person who tagged you to let them know you’ve accepted the award.
C) Mention 11 facts about yourself, so here they are (taken from Liebster award, facts are facts):
1) I am a full time mother of 2 beautiful (from a biased mother’s point of view) daughters in their early 20s and both were educated in Melbourne, Australia.
2) I have been living in several cities since 2004: Bali & Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Melbourne and have recently moved back to Singapore.
3) I used to do things that lasts 3 day, week, month, year-cycles, I don’t know why. I don’t anymore.
4) I used to suffer from cleanliness OCD and would also bring my own chopsticks wherever I go. There must be a serving spoon for every dish when eating communally. I don’t suffer from that anymore and am a happier person.
5) I am nocturnal and work better during the night. Still am.
6) I loved to cook food in traditional ways that required longer process and manual work but no longer have the time nor luxury to do that since I started living overseas.
7) I am bilingual (Mandarin & English) and speak several Chinese dialects, except my own. It’s a shame, I know.
8) I believe in exclusivity not snobbery. To borrow some words of a fellow blogger, Vikas Yadav: “A person who is everyone’s friend is no one’s friend. When everyone is special to us, no one is. Thus it is exclusiveness which creates beauty in relationships. It creates a Sense of Belongingness. Belongingness and Relationship comes with the idea of Exclusiveness.”
9) I have more guy friends than girlfriends. My closest girlfriends are also the spouses/girlfriends/partners of my guy friends.
10) I have very short attention span and am very forgetful these days (sometimes I forget what I did yesterday).
11) I love bistro Jazz. I was in the school band and used to play the picolo, flute, tenor saxophone, baritone, basically wind instruments but I have no recall of my notes now and I cannot even play a tune on the recorder.
D) My answer to the following questions from Ms N:
1. What is your favourite singer or music group? Jazz & Vocals, Bossanova (Audiophile).
2. Would you eat king worms for a really cool shirt? Definitely not! Although bugs and worms are delicacy in some Asian countries.
3. If you had to sing a song in front of an audience what would it be? Let It Be Me (lol…).
4. Do you have a special talent, if so what? None.
5. Favourite mode of transportation? Car.
6. What is the best gift you ever received? Hugs from my children – it’s rare these days.
7. Who would win in a fight Jet Li or Jackie Chan? Jet Li as Jackie is getting old but then again it’s kungfu, so maybe age doesn’t matter.
8. Do you have a fav comic character ? If so who or what is it? Bugs Bunny!
9. Which would you dare to walk out of your home with and wear for the rest of the day: Bed head or just pyjamas? Pyjamas, which is shorts & Tees.
10. Which would you take to a deserted island with you: helper monkey or a lifetime supply of chocolate cake? Chocolate cake.
11. Which is the worst sound: people fighting or screaming toddler? Screaming toddler.
E) Tag the same amount of people as there are letters in your name. I’m using the short version, “Sam”.
Laura from http://lauralynnblog.wordpress.com/
Robert from http://robertmudge.wordpress.com/
Mr. P from http://thepeckishkiwi.com/
F) Here are the 11 questions I am asking:
1. What is your favorite snack to eat?
2. If you could pick one song or piece of music to represent who you are, what would it be?
3. Do you have any rituals or superstitions?
4. What is your greatest fear?
5. What is your absolute goal in life?
6. Do you believe in true love?
7. What is your favorite place?
8. Where would you live if you could pick any place?
9. What is your philosophy?
10. Why do you blog?
Contact or put a link to the people you’ve tagged to let them know they’ve been tagged.
Happy tagging 🙂