Sautéed Mushrooms

Sautéed mushrooms for breakfast or even as a side for lunch and dinner.

Sautéed mushrooms for breakfast or even as a side for lunch and dinner.

Fresh button mushrooms.

Fresh button mushrooms.

Saute Mushrooms

Sautéeing Mushrooms

Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
Ingredients:
500g Mushrooms, sliced.
2 – 3 tablespoons Pure, Thickened or Heavy Cream.
2 cloves Garlic, finely grated.
1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper (or to taste).
¾ teaspoon Sea Salt (or to taste, any Salt is fine).
1 teaspoon Olive Oil.
½ to 1½ teaspoon Butter (optional, more flavour).
½ to 1 tablespoon Herbs (thyme), optional and your choice.

Method:
1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat. When oil is hot add mushrooms and sauté, stir-fry until the mushrooms are slightly browned. Reduce heat to medium.

2. Add cream to mushrooms and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes (depends on how much water comes out of shrooms), stirring to prevent the mushrooms getting burnt. Do not over boil. Reduce heat if necessary.

3. Once sauce is reduced by half, add in the chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper (herbs, if using) according to taste. Cook for another one minute. Remove from heat and serve in a bowl.

Breakfast is served! Scrambled Eggs, Sautéed Mushrooms and Herbed Beef Sausages.

Breakfast is served!
Scrambled Eggs, Sautéed Mushrooms and Herbed Beef Sausages.

See Mushroom (Steak) Gravy post for variant recipe.

Good morning :D

Good morning Darlings!

Valerie and Seong enjoying their breakfast.

Happy eating 🙂

P.S. Keep mushrooms fresher longer by removing them from the confines of their plastic container or bag, and transfer them to a paper bag and refrigerate. The increase air circulation will help keep them fresh for up to a week.

Comments
19 Responses to “Sautéed Mushrooms”
  1. renxkyoko says:

Oh ! That’s how we do it ! We add some parsley flakes, sometimes. I love mushrooms. We always add mushrooms in most of our dishes… spaghetti sauce, stewed meats, etc. There are always mushrooms in the dish. Good one, Sam. That ‘s really delicious. You always post delicious recipes and what’s surprising is that we always cook them too, so I know the dishes are really good. ( Some of the posted recipes on other blogs are bleh )

Thank you very much for your kind comments 😀 I hope to share what we like to eat and that you find them tasty too. Mushrooms are great in nutrition.

2. This looks good. I need a really good go to Mushrooms on toast recipe. I’ve tried a couple, and they’re nice, but not quite what I’m looking for. I like thyme with mushrooms so would probably add that.

3. Sofia says:

What a coincidence, I just came back from a friends place for dinner, and we had some mushrooms cooked just like this! 🙂

4. lignumdraco says:

These look delicious. I usually cook mushrooms in a mix of butter, herbs and oyster sauce, but I like the sound of your recipe.

5. And the photos look delicious! 😀

6. Anarya Andir says:

Ooh I love mushrooms! These photos and the recipe are making me hungry

7. gjadventures says:

Hi, could i check, what cream do you use?do you use any herbs also?

I used whatever cream I have on hand, pure or thickened. The usual brands I buy are Bulla and Paul’s. As for herbs, I sometimes do with it and if I do, then it’s ½ to 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme or ½ to 1 teaspoon if using dried. Again you may use any herbs you like, just remember to use smaller amount when using dried herbs. You can always adjust amount of cream and seasonings to your desire. 🙂