Going Bananas :p
I never knew that bananas are flowering plants and are often mistakenly called banana trees.
Bananas are rich in nutrients and has many other significant contributions like paper, fibre, religious symbolism, etc… etc… Find out more about Bananas.
Recently, my dear friend, Steven Labbe, shared with me his “swear by” recipe and it was the most delicious, moist banana bread I have tasted. Tasted even better after a day or two!
Banana Zucchini Bread (recipe contributed by Steven Labbe)
1½ cups All-purpose Flour.
1 cup Castor Sugar.
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon.
½ teaspoon Baking Powder.
½ teaspoon Baking Soda.
½ teaspoon Salt.
1 Egg (70g).
1 cup very ripe Bananas, mashed.
½ cup Canola Oil (or 125g melted Butter, cool before using).
½ teaspoon Banana Extract.
½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence.
1 cup Zucchini, shredded.
½ cup Walnuts, chopped.
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg, bananas, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
4. Transfer to three 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
P.S. I used melted butter and baked it in one loaf pan so the baking time was about 60+ minutes. Please do a skewer test as oven temperature may vary. See step by step instructions here
Happy baking 🙂
If you like to visit the farm:
Address: 100 Neo Tiew Road
Hours: Sunday hours 9:00 am – 6:00 pm